The statistical team at the Department of Medicine & Surgery has been collaborating with Monza School of Pediatric Hemato-Oncology to provide countries with limited resources with the statistical and methodological expertise needed to:
- design clinical therapeutic protocols with methodological rigor;
- implement the modalities of data collection that can efficiently allow for a proper evaluation of the protocol results;
- implement procedures for the correct conduction of a clinical study, with periodic reporting of interim data and quality control on data completeness and coherence
- provide the statistical analysis of data
- support in the publication of results.
Led by Prof. Maria Grazia Valsecchi, our efforts have been to support capacity building of universities and health care professionals in low-middle-income countries.